For a longstanding favorite regional coffee brand, expanding their pool of loyal drinkers in a highly- competitive market is an ongoing process. Marketing to where the eyes and ears are now is obviously part of that process. Applying diligence to every decision is just as critical.
As they launched a new ad campaign across audio streaming services and podcasts (via Katz Media), the brand needed to validate that those ads truly made an impact on people. Specifically, they needed to know if their campaign raised awareness and favorability of the brand, and if it compelled people to buy and recommend their coffee to others.
If they could prove that their audio ads might convert drinkers of competitive brands, even better.
In conjunction with Katz, the coffee leader launched a brand lift study on the Veritonic platform. The platform identified and queried listeners who were exposed to the ads in podcasts and streaming services, and compared their responses against a control group of people who did not hear the ads (unexposed). The audience was targeted based on key behavioral segments, across strategic markets.
Hearing the audio ads had an overwhelmingly-positive impact on people’s awareness and perception of the coffee brand.
- 19-percentage point (pp) increase in brand awareness over the unexposed group, and a 5pp lift in
- 8pp lift in likelihood to recommend the brand
- 5pp lift in purchase intent
Primary audience segments responded strongly, validating the targeting strategy:
- 21pp increase in brand awareness over the unexposed group
- 10pp lift in favorability
- Secondary audiences segments responded well, exhibiting a 17pp lift in awareness
- Both groups showed a nearly 10pp higher likelihood to recommend the coffee brand to others
Drinkers of other brands took notice:
- 7pp increase in awareness over the unexposed group
- Favorability, purchase intent, and likelihood to recommend the brand all increased by a small margin after hearing the ads
Assessing results by channel, hearing the ads in podcasts drove stronger results than on streaming services. Podcast listeners exposed to the ads exhibited a 22-point increase in awareness of the coffee brand over the control group, five percentage points higher than streaming service listeners.
Download a copy of this case study.
Interested in learning more about how Veritonic research can help you develop or test your sonic brand?
About Veritonic Veritonic is the industry’s leading competitive, testing, and performance solution for audio. The preeminent platform provides marketers, brands, and agencies with comprehensive data and insights to support and optimize their streaming audio, podcast, and radio advertising strategies. With competitive intelligence, creative measurement, campaign performance and brand lift capabilities, the Veritonic platform is the industry’s most trusted, feature-rich solution for audio advertising optimization.